Saturday 24 October 2009

Rights and Responsibilities – A Birdie Story (Part 1)

Why would anyone dislike birds? They are graceful creatures that beautify the skies. Sorry, I don't view them in that regard. They seem to have a personal vendetta against me so it's only right that I have one against them. It's the laws of nature - to every action is a reaction. And that should be the way it is. Where I come from, birds are a delicacy. They are hunted down and are proper game. They are very aware of their surroundings and try to avoid situations which will bring an end to their already limited life in a man's world. Or at least it used to be - it's a woman's world these days. Where I come from, birds don't have rights, they still recognise men as the dominant species. I don't care so much about they having rights except they should mind their business and I'll mind mine. I mean I can't sue a bird for common assault yet, I can't kill it when it attacks me in public. Such bollocks. So, where from this resentment? I have had three encounters with birds which were not very pleasing.

First encounter: I was on my way to college early one morning and as I waited at the bus stop, I felt something fall on the cap I was wearing. It was a brand new suede adidas cap I had just gotten from the US. I looked up to see if it was raining. The sky was clear without a single drop of rain. I proceeded to take off the cap guessing what could have fallen on it. I was shocked and disgusted to find the substance on my cap was bird crap. I looked up again for the culprit but this time, staying very clear from another hit. A pigeon posed on a branch way above me. I could have sworn it had a smirk on its little pigeon face. If it were any closer to me, I would have brought its life to an end that morning but it wasn't. I could return home to clean the cap but I cleaned it immediately I got to college.

Second encounter: I was on my way to Nottingham another early morning. I hadn't had any breakfast as I waited at the coach station at Victoria. I decided to get something to eat since the journey to Nottingham was a good four hours. I didn't think putting my stomach through such an experience was a good idea. So I got something I could have on the bus. The seats in the seating area around the gate I was waiting at were all occupied so I sat on my bag which had wheels underneath. The snacks I had gotten were in both hands as I sat. The gates opened for a split second and in flew a few pigeons. One pigeon flew directly at me as if it had no flight chart or was simply blind. In an attempt to duck and not have the pigeon collide with my face, the wheels underneath the bag moved and I fell flat on my butt. I sat on the floor with my arms raised because I was protecting my food. It was embarrassing. Even worse, an old lady walked up to me and tried to help me up. I told her I was fine and she said sorry. There was a beautiful girl who sat in the seating area watching me with an apologetic look as I struggled to get to my feet. That was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Chix, sorry to say that I laughed at these stories. But the second one would not have been funny when it happened. I've had the first one happen to me so I can relate. Look forward to part 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha these are bad encounters with birds. no doubt! i dont any specific bird stories but am not a big fan of them...i just need them on my plate n thats just chicken n turkey LOL. Sorry man, stay away from them birds....

    Libizzle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Myne and Libizzle...Part 2 which includes the last encounter closed the door to any good feelings I still harboured for birds...Should be up this week...Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaahhahahaahahahahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaahahahahah kow sorry but it funny it was fun to read u kn and put it on facebook some one will read it and laugh after a stressful day it will bring some relief u kn ,ur boi bensah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know my mishaps excited u my friend...i hope you read the second part

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha...birds read minds!thats why it took a crap on your hat..lmao.
    This Saturday yeh,I was underground about to catch the subway from Center City to Girard,and I was talking with this woman while waiting for the train,and not knowing..these two pigeons were behind me and there was a girl who was scared of pigeons,and her friend alerted her that pigeons were in the zone,then she screamed so freaking loud,I was like oh sh*t,infront of the woman,chale I shy myself kraa..lool..

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is always a beautiful gurl and an OAP involved. Lemme guess this beautiful lady was looking at you thinking.." Darling I dare you to come and talk to me"

    What can I say? an isolated incident? Bird crap on ya cap, not just an ordinary cap but one from US, blimey that gives it more value than ending a pigeons life dont it?
    How many encounters have I had with a bird? eerrmm. I may have to get back to you on that

    ReplyDelete
  8. In that case, I shall be waiting...

    ReplyDelete