Wednesday 10 August 2011

Judging on Appearance

Good morning people. Wise words for today are from Jean de la Fontaine. He says "beware, so long as you live, of judging men by their outward appearance". I think this week is gonna be about judging people. Everyone in this world is judged or judges another by their outward appearance. When I have to attend an interview, I wear a properly pressed suit with a white shirt and a not too striking tie. My hair is cut and beard shaved to skin. Simply because I want to be taken serious. I have a higher standard than usual so when I see a lady with too much cleavage I wonder "why". Sometimes the first thing that pops into my head is this person has no morals and more often than not, I'm wrong. They may just have too much breasts to "remain-in-bra". We all see a man with long locks and simply assume they're from Jamaica or belong to the rastafari religion and the classic thin slice of all, they are weed smokers and fans of Bob Marley. Haha. More often than not they're none of that. I know many christian, non weed smoking classic loving non Jamaicans. So perhaps the saying is right. We should beware that we don't turn the best away simply by judging on appearance. However, we should aim to make a good first and lasting impression so appearance is equally important. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment