Tuesday 15 January 2013

All Is Set

It feels like an anticipated boxing match between a legend in Ghanaian politics and a seasoned parliamentarian who may never have been president but strangely enough is president as I write this blog. The much anticipated boxing match is the Election Petition filed by Nana Akufo-Addo and others against John Mahama and the Electoral Commission. The NDC too wants to join the fight simply because John Mahama ran on their party ticket.

The last time we were in court, the Supreme Court was to hear NDC's application but Nana Akufo-Addo and others had other plans. "No way, Jose" they said to the judges "we don't like this panel". Like I said in my last post "I didn't expect that objection". Neither did anyone including the learned justices. No wonder His Lordship Justice William Atuguba got upset and said the things he said. "Like ibi me too ah like I go bore. You say weytin, juicy constitutional and historic case like this make I recuse myself? Ah, NEVER!"


Anyway, now we know Nana Akufo-Addo and others have decided not to pursue the objection. We also know that John Mahama has responded to the Petition. I am still trying to understand what he was responding to lol. Especially since he only participated in the election and played no role to ensure that the proper conduct of the election. Ah well, we will see how the fight will turn out.

In the meantime, or tomorrow, the Supreme Court will hear NDC's application for joinder. To add or not to add, we live to see tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. i think that its good they have reasoned to allow Atugugba. on the other hand the petitioners should just ask for a recount of the suspected ballots so that there would not be the need for any witness what about that?

    ReplyDelete