Saturday 19 January 2013

My Heart Weeps . . .


I received the photo collage of the two girls and thought it was a rumour. I was on my way back to Kumasi from Ejisu and then during the 1pm news, I heard that a garbage truck had collided with a taxi in the early hours of 18 January 2012 at Okponglo and two girls who were in the taxi had lost their lives. It suddenly hit me as the story unfolded. The two girls were both 19 years old and graduates of Holy Child School. They were on their way to the University of Ghana, Legon where they were students and unfortunately and very sadly met their untimely death. I felt saddened by this news. It hurt me deeply. My eyes were filled with tears and deep down I know I was weeping inside for these girls. I have no sister just female cousins and any of these girls could have been my cousin, sister or even girlfriend. They were at university and were making something of their lives. They did not deserve to die. No way and not in this manner. But in all things, even the bad, God knows best. It's very sad and I pray God consoles the family and friends of these two beautiful young women. Rest in perfect peace.


1 comment:

  1. So sad. May their souls rest in peace, and their families and friends comforted.

    ReplyDelete