Wednesday 16 January 2013

Canes For What?

Cane-holding supporters of the NDC
As I drove to work this morning, I thought about the topic of today's blog. Of course, the first and most obvious thing that came to mind was "blog about what happens at the Supreme Court today". Great idea but I realised my blog was becoming an update for Nana Akufo-Addo's Petition at the Supreme Court. Ah well. 

So as I drove, I went past a school and I saw children with brooms sweeping the compound before assembly and then class. There wasn't a child in sight without a broom, duster or dustbin. Then I thought to myself ah, I will blog about this especially because every Ghanaian in their formative years undergoes some discipline in sanitation but somewhere along the line we become filthy.

And then I ended up at the airport to catch my flight to Kumasi and just before I went on board the plane, I decided to use the bathroom and pay some water bills. I entered the male bathroom and to my surprise, for the first time in Ghana, a public bathroom was neat. I thought to myself, this is worth blogging about. I will title my blog today "Neat Toilets". 


I touched down in Kumasi and all I heard on the radio and read on Facebook was how after the legal exercise on NDC's joinder application, NDC supporters waited outside the court premises with canes. Canes for what? Are we now rearing cattle on Accra High Street? Why the hell would you hold canes outside court premises? Why provoke violence? What is shocking is that these cane-holders were not worried about being arrested at all. I later read a press statement from the NPP saying that some of its members and members of the general public, including a pregnant woman, had been assaulted by these NDC cane-holding supporters.

My reaction = AH!

3 comments:

  1. This is rudiculus and a jungle state.Can you pls call the Christian Council to order and question the IGP whether he did not see the breach of peace. You see the hypocricy of our leaders? The Neat toilets, it depended on who was supervising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great blog keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more. I am taking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete